|Alternate E-mail ID:
|Date of Joining:
|Qualifications Details :
||Ph. D., PGDIPR (Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights) from WIPO, MA Psychology (Pursuing), Certification Program in Digital Marketing, UGC-NET-JRF, MBA (Marketing), BBA
|Currently Teaching Subject:
||Intellectual Property Rights,Consumer Psychology, Neuromarketing, Organizational Behaviour, Strategic Management
||Department of Business Administration, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana (India), August 2017- May 2018 Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana (India), August 2016- August 2017|
|Area of Interest/Specialization :
||Consumer Psychology, Digital Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Intellectual Property Rights
|Teaching Interests :
||Consumer Behaviour, Digital Marketing, Neuromarketing, Strategic Management, Business Ethics, Rural Marketing, Industrial Marketing, Principles and Practices of Management, Organizational Behaviour, Business Management|
|Research Interests :
||Consumer Psychology, Digital Marketing, Strategic Management, Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs).|
|Administrative Interests :
||Associate Warden Boys Hostel 7, Joint Convener, IISP (Institute Innovation Startup Policy), Member IIC (Institute Innovation Council), Secretary, DPMC, Coordinator, DPPC, Faculty-In-charge Ph.D. Admissions, Coordinator- Training and Placement, Faculty In-charge- MBA Admission, Coordinator - Examination, Coordinator - Department Hindi Language Committee |
|Biographical Sketch :
||Dr. Saurabh Verma is a certified Intellectual Property Rights professional from World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and working as an Assistant Professor Grade- I in the Department of Management Studies (DOMS) at the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar Assam since 08 June 2018. He did his Ph.D. in Intellectual Property Rights and Consumer Psychology in 2017 from the National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra. His area of interest is Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), Consumer Psychology, Organizational and Workplace Psychology. At present, 06 Ph.D. Scholars are pursuing their Ph.D. under his esteemed supervision. Dr. Saurabh Verma has also guided more than 30 Masters’ dissertations. He has conducted a number of Faculty development Programs and workshops in the domain of Intellectual Property Rights and Consumer Psychology. He has also published a number of Research Papers/Articles in journals of National and International repute. Presently, he is acting as a Principal Investigator of a Research Project on IPR funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST). He has delivered a number of expert talks on Intellectual Property Rights and the related areas of interests in different reputed organizations. |
||Awarded UGC NET JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) for Doctoral Studies at National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, June 2011.|
|P.G. Scholars Guided:
|Ph.D. Scholars Guided:
||06 Pursuing PhD|
||An Impact Assessment of Scheme for Facilitating Start-ups Intellectual Property Protection (SIPP) in Promoting Entrepreneurship and Innovation in India funded by Department of Science and Technology (DST). |
|Book / Chapters Published:
||1. Verma, S., & Dey, S. (2023). Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights in Engineering Curriculum: A Pedagogy for Higher Educational Institutes. In Engineering Pedagogy: A Collection of Articles in Honor of Prof. Amitabha Ghosh (pp. 113-125). Singapore: Springer Nature Singapore.
2. Raj. R., & Verma, S. (2022). Understanding the consumption of Counterfeit Products in the state of Assam. International Conference on Recent Advances in Business Sustainability ICRABS-2022, Vol.1, pp. 21-24. ISBN: 978-93-91260-58-3 Eureka Publications.
3. Verma, S. & Chatterjee, A. (2020). Green Perception and Sustainable Development: A Case Study of Silchar. Multidisciplinary Approach Towards Sustainable Development, Vol.1, pp. 285-302 (2019) Bookwell Publisher.
4. Kumar, R., Verma, S. & Yadav, S. (2018) Intellectual Property Rights in Knowledge Management- An Indian Perspective, Management of Intellectual Property Rights and Strategy (MIPS 2018) Vol.1, pp. 183-194. Excel India Publishers
5. Vishwajeet & Verma, S. (2017) Sustainability through Green Marketing in Indian Perspective: The Road so Far and the Journey Ahead National Conference on Sustainable Development (NCSD 2017) Vol 1., 182-188. Victorious Publishers.
6. Kumar, R., Verma, S. & Yadav, S. (2016) Trademark Infringements in Consumers’ Apparels: A Case study of Chandigarh, Role and Relevance of Ethics, Innovation and IPRs in Changing Business Scenario (RREI-2016) Vol.1, pp. 09-19. Thapar University, Patiala.
7. Kumar, R., Verma, S. & Yadav, S. (2016), National IPR Policy and Make in India: An analysis, Management of Intellectual Property Rights and Strategy (MIPS 2016) Vol.1, pp. 14-21 (2016). Excel India Publishers.
8. Kumar, R., Philip, P.J. & Verma, S., (2015), Consumer Perception towards Counterfeit Garments: An empirical analysis, Advances in Management for Business Excellence Vol. 1, pp. 400-407 (2015) (Manakin Press).
9. Kumar, R., Yadav, S & Verma, S., (2014), “IP in Pharmaceutical: Changing perspectives and paradigm”, Changing Perspectives and Paradigm in Business and Behavioral Sciences (CPPBBS-2014) Vol.1, pp. 62-67. Thapar University, Patiala.
10. Verma, S., Kumar, R., & Philip, P.J. (2014), IPR Issues in Counterfeiting- A Critical Evaluation of Indian Pharmaceutical Sector, Management of Intellectual Property Rights and Strategy (MIPS 2014) Vol.1, pp. 213-220 (2014). (Elsevier Publications)
- Yadav, S. K. & Verma, S. (2023) “Whether Indian Patent Act TRIPs compliant for Pharmaceutical Business: A Case-based approach”, Journal of Intellectual Property Rights, In Press. (SCOPUS)
- Verma, S. & Yadav, S. K. (2023) “The antecedents of consumer satisfaction toward OTT platforms during COVID 19 lockdown in India”, Jindal Journal of Business Research, In Press, Sage Publications.
- Rai, G.D. and Verma, S. (2022), "Quality of work life, fear of COVID-19, job satisfaction, and commitment: a moderated mediation model", International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, In Press (SCOPUS) (ABDC-B)
- Mahato, J., Jha, M. K., & Verma, S. (2022), “The Role of Social Capital in Developing Sustainable Micro-Entrepreneurship Among Rural Women in India: A Theoretical Framework”. International Journal of innovation (10), 504-526. Web of Science, ESCI
- Verma, S., Yadav, S. K. & Sarkar, S. (2021). Customer Buying Intentions regarding Online Hotel Booking: An Empirical Analysis. Effulgence, 19(2), 29-38.
- Verma, S., Kumar, R., & Yadav, S. K. (2019). An Empirical Analysis of the Determinants of Phubbing Behavior in India: The Millennials Perspective. International Journal of Innovative Technology & Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), 8 (12S), 806-812. SCOPUS
- Verma, S., Kumar, R., & Yadav, S. K. (2018). An empirical study on consumers’ buying intentions of counterfeit products in India. Journal of Intellectual Property Rights, 23(6), 250-260. SCOPUS
- Verma, S., Kumar, R., & Yadav, S. K. (2018). Why consumers buy counterfeit products? A case study of the Indian clothing industry. Indian Journal of Marketing, 48(7), 51-62. SCOPUS, ABDC
- Kumar, R., Yadav, S. K., & Verma, S. (2018). Intellectual property rights protection and foreign direct investment: A study of BRICS countries. World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, 14(6), 694-704. SCOPUS
- Verma, S., Kumar, R., & Yadav, S. K. (2016). Exploring factors of Drug Counterfeiting in India: A Critical Evaluation. CPJ Global Review, 8, 31-37.
- Verma, S. & Kumar, S., (2015). An Analytical Study on Counterfeiting of Luxury Brands. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), 3(10).
- Kumar, R., Philip, P.J. & Verma, S., (2015). An analysis of Demographic Determinants and Consumer Perception in Non-deceptive Counterfeiting of Fashion products in Delhi. Elixir International Journal, Marketing Management, 84, 33742-33745.
- Verma, S., Kumar, R., & Philip, P.J. (2014). The Business of Counterfeit Drugs in India: A Critical Evaluation. International Journal of Management and International Business Studies, 4(2), 141-148.
- Verma, S., Kumar, R., & Philip, P.J. (2014), Economic and Societal Impact of Global Counterfeiting and Piracy, Pacific Business Review International, 6, 98-104. (Web of Science, ESCI)
- Research paper titled” Understanding the consumption of counterfeit products in the state of Assam” presented in International Conference on Recent Advances in Business Stability (ICRABS 2022) from 25th – 26th November 2022 organized by the Department of Management Studies, National Institute of Technology Silchar.
- Research paper titled “The Antecedents of Rural Customers Satisfaction and Loyalty regarding Mobile Banking Services during the Covid-19 pandemic” presented in 2nd International Conference on a Paradigm Shift In Managerial Practices And Innovations: Leading Through Technology And Business Models on 6th December, 2022 Organized By Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology, New Delhi.
- Research paper titled “Teacher well-being and quality of work life in adopting EdTech: A COVID-19 perspective” presented in XVII International Conference on Public Policy & Management from 22nd-24th August, 2022 organized by Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM Bangalore).
- Research paper titled “A Paradigm Shift in the Learning Process Through Sustainable Technologies: An Aftermath of COVID 19” presented in Northeast Green Summit 6th Edition from 16th – 18th November 2021 held at National Institute of Technology Silchar (India).
- Research Paper titled “An Empirical Analysis of the Factor affecting Consumer Satisfaction regarding OTT platforms amid the Covid19 pandemic in India” presented in 1st Pritam Singh Memorial (PRISM) Conference on Architecting the Future of Business: Leadership, Governance & Technology on 17th – 19th November 2021 organized by Jindal School of Banking & Finance, O.P. Jindal Global University, Sonipat, India
- Research Paper titled “An Empirical Analysis of the Determinants of Phubbing Behaviour in India: The Millennials Perspective” presented in Two-day International Conference on Advances in Technology, Management and Sciences (IATMS, 2019) held at American University of Dubai, Dubai UAE during October 30 – 31, 2019.
- Research Paper titled “Green Perception and Sustainable Development: A Case Study of Silchar” presented in Two-day International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approach Towards Sustainable Development organized by Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM) Bhopal 21-22nd February 2019.
- Research Paper titled “Intellectual Property Rights in Knowledge Management- An Indian Perspective” presented in International conference on Management of Intellectual Property and Strategy, MIPS-2018 at Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai held on 01st- 3rd February, 2018.
- Research Paper titled “Why Consumers Buy Counterfeit Products? A Case Study of Indian Clothing Industry” presented in International Conference on Entrepreneurship & Sustainability: A Skill India Perspective at Indian Federation of United Nations Associations, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi held on 16th July, 2017.
- Research Paper titled “Trademark Infringement of Consumers’ Apparels- A Case Study Chandigarh” presented in International conference on Role and Relevance of Ethics, Innovation and IPRs (ICRREII-2016) held at Thapar University, Patiala in 16th-17thDecember (2016).
- Research Paper titled “National IPR Policy and Make in India: An Analysis” presented in International conference on Management of Intellectual Property and Strategy, MIPS-2016 at NITIE, Mumbai in association with IIT, Bombay held on 15-16th July, 2016.
- Research Paper titled “The Business of Counterfeit Drugs in India: a critical Evaluation” presented in MBFSE-2014, International Conference on Management of Marketing, Banking, Business and Finance for Sustainable Economy at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi on 5th-6th July, 2014.
- Research Paper titled “Inclusive Growth- A comparative study of South Asian Economies” presented in National Seminar on Development Challenges in South-West Asia and North-West India at Centre for South West Asia study, Punjabi University, Patiala held on 6th February, 2016.
- Research Paper titled “An Analytical study of Counterfeiting of Luxury Brands” presented in National Conference on Emerging trends in Engineering, Management and Science held at GITAM, Geeta Institute of Technology and Management (Haryana) on 22nd February 2015.
- Research Paper titled “Consumer Perception towards Counterfeit Garments: an Empirical Analysis” presented in AIMBE, National Conference on Advances in Management for Business Excellence at National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra on 27th-28th February, 2015.
- Research Paper titled “Impact of Counterfeiting on Indian Economy: a study of Post Reform Era” presented in National Seminar on Indian Economy in the Post Reform Era held on April 19th-20th, 2013 at National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra.