About Solar RTC (Regional Test Centre-cum-Technological Back-up Unit for Solar Thermal Devices)
The Test Centre has been established at NIT Silchar. The project was sanctioned by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), vide letter no. 7/2/2012-13/ST, dated 26th March, 2013. The Centre is:
- Supported by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Carrying out testing of solar thermal devices as per details given below:
- Flat plate collector as per IS 12933 (Part 1-5): 2003,
- Box type solar cooker as per IS 13429 (Part 1-3) : 2000,
- Evacuated tube collector based hot water system as per MNRE draft Standard MED 04(1050)C.
- Providing technical back-up to the industries in maintaining quality standards in manufacturing of solar thermal devices by extending testing facility for various components and materials and evaluating processes used in fabrication of solar thermal devices.
Testing Application Forms for customers: